Who Gubaba is…
I could just say that I’m a Graphic Designer but that’s just the beginning.
I’m a gamer, I’m a cook, I’m a weirdo.
To captivate people was what started my interest in art. As a child I always loved attention, but when it was because I did something extraordinary it sparked an indescribable feeling. Each piece I drew from a young age was never perfect enough, I did more and more… and I was spurred on by seeing others’ more impressive work. What was a hobby then became a dream.
From doing watercolor paintings, charcoal, pencil, and inked drawings, I then moved along with the technological age into working with computers. Graphical Design was a whole new level of perfection to me; I loved it because of the versatility and the fact that I didn’t have to go through stack after stack of papers for practice. I could open a blank canvas on the computer screen, design a complex logo, take a break, and then the piece would be the same without smudge marks, dog drool, or any other mishap that could occur when you leave an art piece alone for too long.
I have been given the opportunity to make many website logos, character concept designs for games, designing children’s book covers, and more.
- 2017 – unibui.com – illustrations for unibui.com website.
- 2017 – United Community of Submitters – logo design for nonprofit. Banner design and event brochure design for nonprofit conference.
- 2015 – Mi2 Game – Game sprites, character portraits and attack animations for an RPG.
- 2011 – Cardboard Box Games – designed concept art and animations for an iPhone game as well as converted graphics into vector format.
- 2007 – Otaku Survival Guide – Book cover illustration and comic panel.
- 2007 – Fanime Convention – illustration and collaboration with the art staff as a member of the art team.
- 2000-2002 – Progressive Design – drafted floor plans for homes with Autocad and Vectorworks.